April is coming in quick and all the minimum wage rates are about to change. We’ve got everything laid out for you below so you know what to expect and can get your payroll organised!
All the changes below for you:
• Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP), Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP), Statutory Adoption Pay (SAP) and Statutory Shared Parental Pay (SSPP) will increase from £145.18 per week to £148.68 per week.
• Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) rate will also increase from £92.05 per week to £94.25 per week.
• The qualifying weekly lower earnings limit threshold for SMP, SPP, SAP, SSPP and SSP will rise from £116 per week to £118 per week.
National Living Wage (NLW) and the National Minimum Wage (NMW) From 1 April the new pay rates will be as follows:
• NLW for workers aged 25 or older will increase from £7.83 to £8.21 per hour.
• Rate for workers aged 21 to 24 will increase from £7.38 to £7.70 per hour.
• Development rate for workers aged 18 to 20 will increase from £5.90 to £6.15 per hour.
• The young workers rate (non-apprentices aged under 18) will increase from £4.20 to £4.35 per hour.
• Apprenticeship rate will increase from £3.70 to £3.90 per hour.
• The amount of a week’s pay for various statutory calculations, including statutory redundancy payments, will increase from £508 to £525.
• Statutory cap for unfair dismissal compensation will increase from £83,682 to £86,444.
More blogs here
Like our Facebook page here