General Role Daily management of all kitchen activities, including menus, cleaning, maintenance, stock and budget control, compliance with legal requirements.
Responsible to Manager / Head Chef
Working Hours 5 days a week, generally to include weekends, or as required to do job.
- Production of high quality freshly cooked meals and handmade pizza’s.
- Supervision of daily catering requirements in Head Chef’s absence.
- Cleaning schedules.
- Equipment maintenance.
- Stock & budget Control.
- Health, Safety & legal requirements.
Daily kitchen duties
- Ensure smooth daily running of kitchen
- Chef or Manager is fully briefed in your absence
- Provisions are adequate for forthcoming events
- To maintain highest levels of cleanliness throughout food preparation and storage areas.
- To maintain written records of cleaning rotas.
- To maintain stock levels of appropriate cleaning products, obtain COSHH sheets for any new products and liaise with manager.
- To ensure that all equipment under your jurisdiction is in good order.
- All electrical/gas equipment is checked regularly.
- Any faults or hazardous situations are reported immediately.
Stock and Budget Control
- To maintain a good working level of stocks – fresh, frozen and dry.
- Ensure that stock rotation procedures are carried out with each delivery.
- All stocks are stored in the correct and safe manner.
- Minimise wastage.
- Negotiation skills
- Stock control
- Computer literate
- Planning and logistics
- Delegation and motivation
- Time management
- Strong verbal communication
Successful candidate will hold a valid Basic Food Hygiene Certificate with a copy available for inspection if required and will have the ability to compile documentation and ensure all records are kept for EHO inspections, maintain Temperature records for fridges, freezers, cooked foods and maintain cleaning records for daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly. Ensure all deliveries of chilled or frozen foods are recorded on the delivery notes and that they are correct and that all foods are stored in the appropriate containers with the correct date stickers.
You will also ensure the kitchen meets health and safety and first aid legislation and practices reporting all concerns immediately to the Head Chef or Clubhouse Manager and ensure all staff operate within health and safety best practice guidelines as specified in employment handbook
Benefits include, Meal Allowance, Free uniform, Free Golf.
Job Reference: 893523
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: ASAP