Our client is a centrally based French restaurant in the heart of Beaconsfield. Here, all food is freshly prepped and produced and the restaurant has an excellent seasonally changing a la carte menu which uses the best of local, sustainable and seasonal French food. This position would suit Chefs looking to learn and take the next step.
To assist in the production of all food, ensuring we maintain the specifications as written in the recipe files.
- Promote the image of the Restaurant as a professional organisation.
- Assist with sales initiatives and promotion of the brasserie.
- Assist in the training and continuous development of the junior kitchen team to achieve their personal best. Support training initiatives in line with the business needs.
- Encourage team-work to deliver excellent standards.
- Comply with all company policies and legal requirements relating to the operations of the kitchen, ensuring good practise in all aspects of the kitchen.
- Assist in maintaining all records as required by the HACCP to ensure due diligence across the whole of the food production.
- Ensure that all equipment is functional and used according to company / manufacturer’s guidelines. Report any faults or maintenance issues promptly to the sous chef and head chef.
- Maintain the highest standards of hygiene, health & safety throughout the kitchen and comply with the legal requirements.
- Comply with all security measures to ensure the protection of guests and company property.
- Lead by example:
- Cooking and preparing all items to the required standard.
- Ensuring all menu items are available at the appropriate times.
- Storing and rotating all food items to ensure the minimum wastage
- Maintaining an appearance and attitude appropriate to the role of Chef de Partie.
- Ensuring all equipment is safely maintained.
Person Specification Qualifications & Training
- NVQ Level 2 in Food preparation or equivalent.
- Basic Certificate in Food Hygiene.
- Experience in a similar operation with high volume and standards orientation.
- Proven track record with a steady career progression.
- Well organised and of good presentation.
- Mature attitude and approach.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
For more information or to apply attach your CV or contact Sharon at Kiwi Recruitment
Job Reference: 893741
Salary: Up to £22000 per annum + Tips and Overtime
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: Asap