Customer Service Agent
Location – Chichester
Salary – 20k
Monday -Friday 9am- 5.30pm ******no shifts or weekend work******
Kiwi are delighted to be working with one of their top clients again as they continue to grow. They have a large client base across the country and abroad and have been in business for over 20 years.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing calls from new or existing clients to increase General insurance sales.
- Liaise with insurance underwriters as and when required.
- Providing support to our field agents by dealing with any enquiries they may have
- Maintain accurate records via the company computer database and keep various spreadsheets up to date.
- Respond to emails promptly and accurately.
- Assist in the production of customer renewals
- This work requires a strong sense of responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail.
. Microsoft Office – Excel – intermediate, Word – intermediate – PowerPoint Intermediate – Accurate data entry skills – Essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to work in a regulated environment
- Reliable, flexible and adaptable
- Knowledge of general insurance products and the military an advantage but not essential
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- To be able to work well within a small team but also be able to use your own initiative should you have to work alone
If you are wanting to a successful company and work in a small friendly team then apply today.
Kiwi Recruitment values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business