Kiwi Recruitment are excited to be working with a global company printing and packaging company based in Littlehampton. We need an experienced Digicon Operator/ Machine Minder (within the print industry) to start asap.
This is fantastic opportunity for someone who is ambitious and looking for a new challenge which could include overseas training.
Our client offers incredible incentives to hard working candidates and a full clear induction on your first day.
Please ensure you have your own safety boots and wear plain clothing; appropriate uniform will be given to you once you start work.
Hours: 6am – 6pm/ 6pm – 6am on a 3-week continental shift rota. (12 hour shifts)
Pay: Starting pay of £8.50 per hour, once you have completed your training you will be offered a 15% increase on your pay (in the form of a shift allowance).
Assignment Duration: Temporary to permanent after 12 weeks
Key duties will include the following:
- Operating of finishing equipment producing finished labels in compliance with company operating procedures
- Ensure machinery runs at a maximum output, bearing in mind quality, machinery limitations and health and safety
- Adopt a “pitstop” mentality to reduce change over times, fully utilise and organise press assistants and co-operate with staggered break times to increase run time against downtime.
- Proactively manage presses to achieve the best quality levels ensuring that all paperwork is completed and up to date and ensures traceability
- Ensure maximum material utilisation and a reduction of wastage of all materials including inks
- Ensure machine is left in a safe manner for your shift opposite and any issues communicated clearly
- Co-operation with all company systems including health and safety, IS09001, BRC accreditations and all paperwork systems
- Detail all press specifications and technical details which are required to produce jobs environment;
- Cooperate and participate in continual improvements to the press and wider company environment;
- Carry out general duties which may include packing, sheeting and any other duties that may be required.
Qualifications/ Skills and Experience:
- Able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of excel
- Maths and English GCSE level or equivalent
- Quality of printed and finished work
- On time delivery of products
- Waste minimisation
- Operation of equipment to the highest levels of efficiency
- Collaborating, learning, enhancing and improving all aspects of the department
- Communication and relationships with all staff and other departments
- Flexibility and cooperation to ensure continual growth
The ideal candidate will have/ be:
- Ambitious / Driven – lots of opportunity for further training
- Must have the right attitude / work ethic
- Punctual – Good timekeeping and attendance
- Positive attitude to training and development
- Open to change
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written, internally and externally
- High attention to detail
- Able to prioritise own work load
- Motivated to deliver against sales targets both individually and as a team
- Able to maintain a calm manner when dealing with challenging situations
- Flexible and conscientious approach
#Digicon #Operator #Production #Littlehampton #Machine minding #Printing #GCSE #Anolog #Digital #
Kiwi Recruitment is working to fill this vacancy as soon possible.
If you have the relevant experience please apply now
Kiwi Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Consultant – Alice Cox
Job Reference: Digicon Operator/ Ma
Salary: After Training 15% Pay Increase
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: Temp to Perm
Job Start Date: Start ASAP
Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Manufacturing and Production