Ecommerce Operations Manager
Central Chichester – Free onsite parking
Salary – £25,000- £30,000 – Depending on experience
A new opportunity has become available for a new subsidiary company to an established electrical wholesale business. They are looking for full-time Ecommerce Website Manager, who will report directly to the Managing Director, to head the Ecommerce business based in Chichester West Sussex
The main responsibilities are:
- To maintain and manage our existing site as well as launch the original website onto a new website platform.
- To liaise with our external website development and operating system partner in construction of the new platform.
- To confidently launch our new site and offer a top-quality user experience to customers.
- To acquire and retain customers, execute sound digital marketing strategies and reinforce the brand identity to ultimately drive sales and increase conversion rates.
- To be responsible for developing and executing trading strategies to drive performance and achieve budgeted sales and gross profit targets.
- To lead all ecommerce merchandising commercial decisions with the objective of driving commercial success by delivering best in class website experience.
- To maximise the sales and gross profit potential of the ecommerce site through commercial understanding of product, customer and internal capabilities, whilst maintaining the brand image.
- To ensure that the online business is seamlessly co-ordinated in line with our offline and primary business.
- To manage the periodic sales and business reports to provide detailed analysis on key business metrics including site performance, customer acquisition and retention (CRM metrics) and sales by product and customer type.
- Establish and analyse Key Performance Indicators for all business processes relating to online sales.
- Responsibility for delivering online sales which will rise each year in line with company expectations. Each category will be measured on sales, gross profit margins and on-time delivery performance.
- To co-ordinate with our purchasing department from our primary business to create plans for web exclusives; to evaluate and recommend product mix based on historical activity, seasonal trends, and other factors.
- Ensure that online customer orders / queries are dealt with promptly – this will mean getting involved hands-on at peak times / staff absences.
- Deliver a digital merchandising calendar and coordinating with traffic-driving marketing activities such as email, search / SEO, social media, and other digital marketing channels.
- To own and create action plans from site usage and campaign performance, including category performance, quality of search, and promotional/event performance; to develop and explore new analytics to further understand site performance and usage.
- Management and personal development of additional Ecommerce assistants and any other staff who join the department.
- To be an experienced Ecommerce Trading Manager with at least 3 years ecommerce experience and success in a similar role.
- A proven track record demonstrating analytical and problem-solving ability.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Proven influencing skills across all levels of business.
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to bring together cross functional groups of people.
- Exceptional skill in using Google analytics (or similar web analytics) to identify trends and take appropriate actions.
- Extensive knowledge of Web Merchandising.
- Extensive knowledge of best practice in development of trading plans and marketing calendars
- A sound understanding of website analytics platforms.
- A detailed understanding of online trading.
- Proven ability to use Social Media and emerging technologies to optimise the online trading offer and web marketing.
Kiwi Recruitment values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business