Front of house / Receptionist
This is working 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis. It is NOT a 9 – 5 job.
Salary is depending on experience £17k – £19k
Working for a very prestigious hotel and a beautiful location. The role will be to ensure a warm welcome of all guests and visitors, to help guests meet or exceed their expectation.
- Ensuring along with the reception manager and team that all guests are completely satisfied at all stages of their stay.
- Ensure up to date knowledge of the hotel, room types, rates, facilities, restaurant, functions and local area and deal with the smooth check-in and out of hotel guests.
- To be the ‘face’ of the Hotel and Spa and provide a warm welcome to the guest
- Dealing with guest and staff requests and issues discreetly and sympathetically.
- Ensure all guest’s mail and messages are recorded correctly and delivered to them promptly.
- Ensure an efficient and thorough handover to the oncoming shift and ensure all relevant departments are kept informed of daily developments.
- To carry out Reception Manager duties and cover as requested.
- To prepare guest accounts to the requirements stated in the correspondence and prepare all hotels accounting daily, complying with company regulations for auditing purposes.
- To assist in the hotel profit contribution by achieving maximum room sales and occupancy levels.
- Support the Reception Manager with training new staff effectively in all policies and procedures.
- To attend company training courses ensuring that you fully understand and implement new practices.
- To be fully conversant with Health & Safety, Fire Evacuation and Accident & Emergency procedures and be able to train new staff, if required, effectively in these procedures.