Our Client, a fabulous Luxury Hotel and Spa near Midhurst, West Sussex is currently looking for a full-time Junior Sous Chef to join their team. This role would also suit a Commis Chef who is looking for the next step up their career ladder.
The ideal candidate should have an understanding of and enthusiasm for creating great food with fresh, local produce, a can-do attitude, the ability to multi-task and to guide a small, young team in the absence of the Head Chef. This is a permanent role.
Responsibilities, Skills and Experience:
- Working as part of a team to prepare 2 rosette standard food to cover breakfast, lunch, dinner and banquets.
- To be responsible for and to maintain all health, safety and hygiene standards.
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills
- The enthusiasm to be part of a winning team.
- Mature attitude.
- Formal catering qualifications are not essential although desirable
- Experience of fresh food and menu development
- A genuine passion for the hospitality industry, customer service and people
- Be able to think, act and speak positively
- Be consistent and professional in your work
Own transport an advantage due to the location of the Hotel.
Salary: Excellent starting salary
Hours: 45 hours per week, based on a 4 on/ 3 off, rolling roster – NO split shifts
- Shift patterns of 4 day’s work, 3 days off
- 28 days of annual leave
- Monthly salary + tips
- An opportunity to work alongside some incredibly passionate and talented chefs
- Working in a friendly & professional standard driven business
For more information or to apply contact Sharon at Kiwi Recruitment
Job Reference: 893719
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: Asap