JOB TITLE: LIVING WALL MAITENANCE TECHNICAN
LOCATION: SWINDON AREA
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday 7am – 4pm
SALARY: £24,000 to £28,000 per annum + benefits including company vehicle, uniform and tools as well as opportunities for career progression!
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full Time
My client is on the lookout for a Maintenance Operative with knowledge of horticulture. This role would be ideal for someone looking to become a specialist in supporting the infrastructure of maintaining living green walls and seeking to take on more responsibilities. Typically working in prestigious buildings predominantly around Swindon, but you will also be required to travel to Exeter once a month and to Birmingham.
Your role will involve:
- Maintaining the irrigation rig and hydroponic systems in the field
- Morning delivery of materials
- Ensuring horticultural quality of all living walls in the field & reporting issues to the team leader Pruning and carrying out ongoing maintenance of plants
- Maintaining a record of the living wall Checking moisture levels, removing weeds, topping-up nutrients, treating for pests and diseases in line with instructions from horticultural quality manager & replanting as necessary Ensuring there are no leaks on walls and plant rooms Maintaining guttering, flashings and trims.
- Experience with irrigation and maintenance of irrigation
- Full clean Driver’s License
- Practical experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills (written & verbal)
- Passionate and dedicated Sound & Demonstrable knowledge of horticulture
- Experience of water pumps / plumbing and electrics on both installation, maintenance and design of irrigation systems – not essential
- Excellent knowledge of installation and maintenance to both commercial and private clients (desirable)
- Ideally, hold the following active tickets; IPAF, first aid PASMA, spraying including PA1 and PA6a.
- Ability to work under own initiative, and ability to work flexible hours.
- Candidates with previous experience in, or job titles including Irrigation Maintenance Operative, Horticulture, Field Maintenance Operative, Horticultural, Maintenance Assistant, Living Wall Operative, Living Wall Gardener, Irrigation Consultant, Horticulturist, Gardener, Irrigation Specialist may also be considered.
Kiwi Recruitment values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business