CALLING ALL ANIMAL LOVERS
Part Time Housekeeper
Salary FTE: £17,235 to £18,193 per annum (depending on experience)
Hours: Part time (3 days or 22.5 hours per week).
The days of the week worked will vary from week to week according to applicant on-site training courses and other events held on site but will cover both weekdays and principally weekends. A rota for the year ahead will be provided but is subject to change.
The normal basic 7.5 hours of work will be between 9am and 6.30pm dependent on on-site training courses.
- Prepare, cook and serve wholesome meals to Applicants and their escorts attending training courses, applicant assessment days, etc.
- Undertake kitchen and on-site chalet cleaning and laundering duties
- Interact and support Applicants and their carers during their time at the Training Centre.
The Housekeeping Team are responsible for the preparation and cooking of meals from scratch to a set menu for a maximum of 10 people, and the cleaning and laundry requirements of en-suite rooms (on-site) and communal areas of the accommodation block, during training courses as well as other days when they are occupied. From the housekeeping team, one person will be required to be on duty at any one time and both weekday and weekend working hours will be delivered as part of an agreed rota. The Housekeeping team are expected to cover for each other’s absences.
There are approximately 17 two-week training courses per year which start on a Sunday afternoon and a Housekeeper will be required to be on duty from 2pm on this first Sunday.
- Liaise with the Head of Housekeeping regarding menus and stocks of food and cleaning materials / products. Undertake shopping as necessary.
- Greet applicants arriving for residential courses and provide refreshments.
- Check food supply and cutlery are available for breakfast each morning.
- Prepare, cook and serve lunches and evening meals.
- Clear away after meals and wash up. Leave kitchen and dining area in a clean, hygienic and tidy condition.
- Make sure that rooms and communal areas are clean in conjunction with the on-site carer or cleaner.
- Undertake laundry duties as required.
- Assist with deep cleaning the rooms and bedding at the end of each period of residency.
- Interact as appropriate with applicants and their carers (if attending) during their time at the Training Centre to help them feel at ease