Location – Central Chichester
Salary – £18,000- £20,000
Do you have experience of working in the property sector or do you have experience in a similar role and have previously worked alongside Surveyors? You’ll be joining up with a small team, working alongside the Surveyor’s providing administration and secretarial support across the whole office.
Secretary – Duties & Responsibilities
- Open post, date stamp and circulate.
- Answer phone and direct to appropriate surveyor.
- Check emails, respond or circulate to appropriate person. If query on previous job retrieve appropriate file and pass to surveyor for comment.
- Check Quest for new jobs.
- Make up files for new jobs to include Valuation Forms, property details, comparable evidence etc. Make appointments.
- Update panelled jobs daily via Quest.
- Complete valuation forms with information provided by surveyor; either handwritten notes or dictated notes.
- Produce pro-forma invoices for all panelled work and enter onto a monthly schedule for each lender. Raise invoice for each lender for all work undertaken in that month.
- Type up all reports i.e. Homebuyer Reports, Building Surveys, Party Wall Award documents, Schedules of Dilapidations, Schedules of Condition, Maintenance Reports Etc.
- Maintain Invoice Tracker Sheet.
- Type correspondence and admin as required.
- Order stationery and purchase postage stamps. Keep log of daily postage.
- Maintain and account for petty cash.
- Maintain filing system.
- Archive (scan files over two years old) and destroy ‘hard’ copies.
- Manage all other general office duties that arise within a secretarial remit.
- Manage the office and all general day-to-day matters in supporting the Practice Manager.
- Managing the Practice Mangers diary, appointment and also keeping an overall eye on the diaries of all the surveyors and their appointment (even though this will be blended with the PA’s role).
- Manage tracker sheets for work, for annual leave and report to the head office as appropriate.
- Key competencies will include excellent IT skills knowledge of eServe and Quest will be an advantage (training will be provided).
- Candidate will have strong communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Using initiative and working independently using own autonomy.
- The right candidate will need to be able to work within a fast-paced high-volume environment under pressure with a positive attitude and a can-do attitude is imperative.
- Problem solver.
- Positive energy and positive approach.
- Be the confident face of the business both from of house and back of house.
Kiwi Recruitment values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business