Kiwi Recruitment are currently looking for a site operative / telehandler to join a family run business that work across the Chichester area, with three active recycling sites. This role includes operating large machinery such as a tractors and loaders in a safe manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Active member within the waste recycling department with the flexibility to work across all 3 sites
- Loading compost screeners, shredders and lorries
- Mixing of compost products
- Making product deliveries and/or waste collections by tractor and trailer
- ‘Hands on’ activities such as lawn mowing, strimming, digging or shovelling
- General Housekeeping on site as required.
- Safe operation of all equipment
- Promote continuous improvement and take a vigilant approach to identifying and solving problems following a logical thought process
- Undertake all tasks in accordance with the Company’s Quality and Environmental Management System and Health and Safety.
- Telehandler ticket experience essential
- Team player
- Good inter-personal skills
- Flexible attitude including seasonal variations to hours worked, and Saturday morning working on a rota basis.
- Eagerness to grow and develop skills to adapt to the needs of the business and perform job effectively.
- Market rate salary (dependent on skill level) which will include an annual salary review and a discretionary bonus scheme
- 22 days plus bank holidays rising to 25 days plus bank holidays after 3 years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme
Job Reference: 893549
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP