Our Client is urgently seeking a strong and passionate Sous Chef for their fabulous establishment based just 2 miles from Goodwood Racecourse on the beautiful South Downs. This historic establishment has an excellent reputation for fantastic home cooked food and a friendly welcome, a real English country pub and bed and breakfast establishment.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in using fresh produce and have flair and imagination for the plate, a calm and methodical working attitude and the ability to rise to peaks in trade and to cover the Head Chef when needed.
You will have the following attributes:
- Be a strong Sous with particular preference for producing fabulous mains
- Be willing to mentor junior Chefs with patience
- A sincere passion for food
- Be experienced and enjoy using fresh produce
- Be a complete team player, flexible and enthusiastic
- Have experience of working in a busy kitchen which can cover anything up to 400 covers per day during peaks and with functions
This is an urgent requirement so immediate availability is advantageous. The hours are a mixture of split and straight shifts however, during peak periods a willingness to muck in with all hands on deck will be a pre-requisite. This is a permanent role with a salary of c£29k.
****Own transport is essential due to the location****
For more information or to apply please attach your CV or contact Sharon at Kiwi Recruitment
Job Reference: 893732
Salary: £28000 - £32000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: Asap