Kiwi Recruitment are looking to recruit an experienced Sous Chef to join a fantastic client in the Wittering area just south of Chichester.
This is excellent opportunity for an individual who takes pride in their work and strives to provide the highest quality food. You must have a passion for working with fresh food to create the highest level of quality with all dishes.
Salary: £24,000 + Bonus
Daytime straight shifts 5 days through 7 with weekends
Start Date: To be discussed at interview
Location: West Wittering
Key duties will include the following:
- Assisting the Chef with all aspects of running the kitchen and the team
- Responsible for the day to day running of any given section
- Running the kitchen in the head chef’s absence
- Demonstrate a committed approach to the development of creative menus and service in the kitchen
- Ensuring the quality of food is of the exceptional standard expected
- Be aware of health and safety and hygiene regulations
- Ordering on a daily basis, whilst keeping in mind stock usage, menu planning and business levels
- Managing and motivating other staff members
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relishes in the pressure of a kitchen environment
- Experience at Sous Chef level or higher is essential
- Has a background in a fast-paced catering environment
- Is used to working with fresh ingredients and places heavy emphasis on quality and consistency
- Has a good understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen
- Have a keen eye to detail
Own transport is not essential.
Kiwi Recruitment is working to fill this vacancy as soon possible.
If you have the relevant experience, please apply now or call the Kiwi office on 01243 782763.
Kiwi Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Consultant Sam Hickman