You wake up and feel the breeze on your face from the window you left open overnight. You look in the mirror and see your freckles appearing. Then, you pick your breeziest linen outfit from the suitcase you still haven’t unpacked, and head out to start the day. Your espadrilles or flip flops (whatever summer shoe takes your fancy) crunch beneath your feet as they touch the hot pavement and sand from your recent beach trip spills from the soles. You see floods of people draped in smiles and laughter as they walk aimlessly to the town center. You overtake them in a hurry. Because for you, summer doesn’t mean endless days off and countless jars of Pims. For you, summer means waking up late feeling sweaty from a hot night and dragging yourself into the office on time. So how can you make that working summer more bearable?
Tips and tricks!
Summer can be a bitter sweet time for those of you in office work. That doesn’t mean, however, that you can’t bring summer to the office. Follow the tips below and you’ll find yourself having the summer of your life in no time!
- Dress appropriately. Linen, linen, linen. It’s always tough finding an outfit that is both smart and breezy, but you can’t go wrong with linen!
- Can’t go to the beach? Bring the beach to you! Spread sand all over the floor in your office. Everyone loves getting sand everywhere on their being, and you’ll still feel like it’s summer in a months time when you’re still finding sand in your clothes!
- Take breaks to go outside. It can get stuffy up in those office blocks. Take 5 or 10 minutes breaks when you can to get out of the office and get some fresh air.
- Bring a large inflatable beach ball to work! Play keepy-uppy with your office pals with this summer-themed sport. Your boss will love you for boosting team spirit, and a big bouncy ball being bounced all around the office definitely wont distract you from your work.
- Water. Make sure to bring in a water bottle! Stay hydrated at work and drink as much as possible.
- Make the office bright and breezy; keep windows open and blinds drawn up. Mood and motivation can be affected by the simplest of things, and having a dark muggy office can negatively influence your work.
Follow these tips and you’re sure to be loved by your boss and colleagues alike this summer. Have fun!
Like us on Facebook here
More news here